What?! Happy Blogiversary to me? How, how, how could we have hit two years already?
Wasn’t it just yesterday that I posted about the first blogiversary? I vividly remember a particular bottle of sparkling wine being ingested for that blogiversary. Lucky me — I get to celebrate this one at SXSW in Austin!
Awesome highlights from the past year:
- I published my first book! I had a blast writing it and I’m still amazed at how difficult people think writing a book actually is. (Pro tip: It’s not.)
- I learned that most of my readers enjoy my lifestyle posts more than any other. Hurray for betterment! (They’re my favorite posts to write.)
- Apparently, everyone is looking for happiness. My most popular post of the year was: Happy: What it Feels Like. Credit to the cute kid, right?
- Also, people like quick fixes. The second most popular post was: 10 Questions Every Company Should Be Asking.
- I finally made it SxSW in Austin. Inspiration and badassery don’t even begin to describe it.
- I learned that life is what you make of it, so I went independent and started consulting for companies I can believe in.
- Somewhere in there, I also graduated with a Master’s degree and got hitched. No big deal.
All in all, a very positive year. I’d like to think the future has better things in store for me, my readers, and my pretty little love for a mix of social, technology, marketing, and wellness.
Here’s to next year!
* Read more about being yourself and online marketing in my new book “To Be or Like to Be”. Want to get my free blog updates in your inbox? Or you can sign up for updates via my Facebook Page. Whatever works best for you!