To Be or Like to Be
Buy Now in Paperback: $11.99 or Buy Now on Kindle: $5.99
I’ve been writing about online marketing on this blog for years, but I recently decided to write a longer form piece about a specific subset of online marketing that I find fascinating — authenticity. The result is the book TO BE OR LIKE TO BE: The Need for Authentic Online Marketing in the Era of Ultra-Informed Consumers.
These days, brands are focused on reaching consumers. Billboards have given way to Facebook Pages and Twitter accounts, but very few brands are approaching them differently. Instead of engaging and listening to consumers, brands are pushing content out without regard for what messages consumers want to receive. The worst part is that these brands claim to be “social”, setting up the pertinent online outposts and broadcasting their messages to the world.
And then there are the stars: the brands that truly understand the importance of relaying authenticity and personality into communications with consumers. They take the time to get to know their audience and provide content that is useful and valuable. Instead of just saying they are “social”, they truly take the time to do it right. I think all brands can achieve this authenticity — and all brands should.
“Marcella shows with painful clarity how authenticity works in marketing and especially on social media, and how you should share and give what gives meaning and is useful for others. The book is an easy read, and it nailed it for me.” – Anders Vaerge
Wait, there’s a bonus?!
Below, you can find out much more about the book, including the full description, how many chapters it has, and where you can buy it.
- Shakespeare’s Near Genius
- Epic Fails of Overpromises & Underdelivers
- Growing Access to Information
- The Move from Information to Conversation
- Consumer’s Demand of Authenticity
- Fickle Interests & Changing Technologies
- Authenticity on the Front Lines
- Brands – And Their Teams – Who Get It
- Fool’s Guide to Being Gloriously See-Through
- Living the Dream & Reaping Its Marketing Fruits
- About the Author
- Available at: Amazon and Kindle stores
- Pages: 76
- Publication Date: March 1, 2012
- Publisher: CreateSpace
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1470110123
- ISBN-10: 1470110121