August is almost over, and I’ve dedicated the entire month to one topic:
Follow my writing here on this blog to get a hand up on being more creative.
Everyone is different.
But everyone has the same urges, the same needs, and the same base emotions inside. How we all deal with them marks our true differences.
One of the biggest differentiators between all humans is how each person spends his or her free time. In my opinion, the most important differentiator.
What’s your default time filler?
Imagine this. You’ve looked at your to-do list, you’ve checked your email, and you’ve checked your phone — nothing pressing to do within the next half hour. Some time to relax!
What do you do?
- Watching reality television
- Browsing Facebook & social sites
- Gossiping with friends or tabloids
- Eating sandwiches & desserts
- Reading interesting articles/books
- Researching relevant material
- Connecting with inspiring peers
- Consuming healthy foods to fuel the body
There’s a large space between them — full of potential.
Notice the difference?
I leave you with a series of questions. It’s up to you to answer them and reflect on them as necessary.
- What do you do during your free time?
- When was the last time you felt ultra-happy?
- What can you do to replicate that experience?
- Are you filling your days with fluff — or engaging challenges?
- Observe the people you admire. Which of their habits can you adopt in your own life?
Measuring your day and seeking betterness isn’t always easy — but it’s worth it. I challenge you to question yourself. I urge you to not settle for routine. I beg you to give yourself the best experiences possible.
How do you plan on improving your day — and your chances of success — today?